One of the easiest ‘go to’ healthy dinner recipes has got to be this Sweet Vegan Coconut Curry – I probably cook it about once a week altering it slightly for variety but the base of the recipe is usually the same. You can switch out so many of the ingredients which makes it so versatile. I’ve made this dish for meat eating family members in the past and everyone loves it!
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes (Not including the Rice)
1. First start cooking the rice, I used a rice cooker so mine takes 90 minutes but if cooking on the hob then cook according to packet instructions.
2. Whilst the rice is cooking start by heating the Coconut Oil in a big pan on a medium heat. Add the White Onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Next add the ginger and stir for a further 2 minutes. Add a little water if the pan starts to dry out.
3. Next add the Carrot, Curry Powder, Galangal and Garam Masala (again add a dash of water if the pan is too dry) – Stir for about a minute.
4. Next add the Green and Yellow Pepper, Mushrooms, Red Onion, Mange Tout and Broccoli – Stir to combine everything.
5. After a few minutes add the Coconut Milk, Liquid Aminos (or Soy Sauce), Coconut Sugar and Pineapple – Stir it all together. Add a pinch of Salt if needed. Leave this to cook on a medium heat with the lid on the pan for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Once the Curry and the Rice are ready, serve immediately with some Lime wedges to squeeze over it and some fresh Coriander if you have it (I was all out) Enjoy!
What are your go to healthy recipes?